Help us to tell this year’s Election Tales
Since 2011, a group of local community reporters have helped to tell the stories behind the local elections in Kirklees. The aim is to help more people find out about the elections, including:
- what local people are saying about the elections
- what it feels like to be a voter, candidate or member of elections staff
- what goes on behind the scenes
The project is supported by Kirklees Council, as part of our work to grow a stronger local democracy. Find out what the Kirklees Democracy Commission said about voting and elections, and sign up for more ways to get involved:
We’re always looking for more people to get involved
Some of the things you could help with are:
- Vox pops any time in the run up to the elections – ask people whether they’re voting etc.
- Film at local polling stations – record what happens on voting day.
- Go along to the opening of the postal votes – interview staff, take photos etc.
- Film at the counting of the votes – interview candidates, staff, councillors etc.
- Film our elections outreach work in Kirklees – see how people are encouraged to register to vote and find out why it’s important.
- Create your own short videos, photos, audio or blogs on the theme of elections and voting.
You can see the content that we’ve created together on this blog: https://electiontales.wordpress.com/
If you’d like to get involved, we’ll give you some help. For example, we can arrange for you to film at polling stations, and we’ll go with you to the election count and upload your videos whilst you record some more interviews. We’ll also give you some advice about how to report on the elections.
Please get in touch soon if you’d like to join in.
Tel. 01484 221000 and ask for Diane Sims